I’m delighted to report that I was honored with the distinction of being one of Columbus, Ohio’s BEST cooking teachers for 2017, with over 190 instructors being reviewed! Thank you to everyone who has attended my Food For Life classes and to the awards committee for this honor.
I love what I do! (click on the photo below for details)
Food For Life plant-based nutrition & cooking classes are available in Columbus & surrounding areas. I am portable, so if you live elsewhere, contact me, and I’ll see if I can come to you.
(each class is 2 hours; cooking classes include 3 recipes per class)
- Kickstart Your Health: our most popular series for overall general health & weight management (5-7 week cooking/nutrition class series)
- Diet for Diabetes: single cooking/nutrition class, 4-week or 8-week series, or 1/2-day workshop.
- Cancer Prevention & Survival: single cooking/nutrition class, 4-week or 8-week, or 1/2-day workshop
- Heart Health: single class
- Employee Wellness Program* – includes all of the above (4-9 week Lunch & Learn series)
- Diet & Dementia: single cooking/nutrition class based on Dr. Barnard’s book Power Foods for the Brain on avoiding Alzheimer’s.
- Food Over Medicine: 4 weeks
- Women’s Health: 4 weeks
- Beyond The Basics: single cooking class for those who have already taken another series.
*Employee Wellness Program classes are 60-90 minutes during lunch.
Food For Life is an award-winning program developed by the physicians, dietitians and nutritionists at The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM.org). All information presented is evidence-based fact and not anyone’s opinion.
FOOD IS MEDICINE
I’ll come to you! Please contact me.
COMING NEXT… at Portia’s Cafe in Columbus, OH: all events are 5-7pm unless otherwise noted.
Mark your calendars and SAVE these SUNDAY dates.
For documentary screenings, there is no charge, but donations will be appreciated to help cover the cost of refreshments that will be served. Thanks!
Sunday, April 9th, 5-7pm
Food For Life cooking class: Healthy Heart / Healthy Blood Pressure
April 16th (Easter): documentary: PEACEABLE KINGDOM
May 7th: Food For Life cooking class: Cancer Prevention / Survival
May 21st: documentary: HEALING CANCER FROM THE INSIDE OUT
Wednesday, May 10th, 6-8pm at Franklin Park Conservatory
Introduction to How Foods Fight Cancer, with a focus on Breast Cancer
June 4th: Diet & Dementia / Avoiding Alzheimer’s
June 11th: documentary: EATING YOU ALIVE
Don’t see a class in your area? Food For Life classes can come to you!
I can fly or drive nearly anywhere, so JUST ASK, and I may be able to accommodate you elsewhere.