Food For Life plant-based nutrition & cooking classes are available in west/central MAINE as well as in VT and NH.
I am portable, so if you live elsewhere, contact me, and I’ll see if I can come to you.
UPCOMING CLASSES in New Portland, ME
Tuesdays, 6-8pm at Tindall’s Convenience Store & Dam Diner
$20 per person per class; please register in advance. Discounts when you register for multiple classes. Click on the link beside each class you’re interested in. (adults/teens)
New Portland Community Library classes:
Click on the link below each class to read the details, register & save your seat.
All cooking classes are $20 per person to include heavy sampling of recipes, or $10 per person for information only. Tuesdays, 1-3pm. CONTACT me for a SERIES DISCOUNT. Take all 5 classes and 1 will be free; $80.
1. FOOD IS MEDICINE power point presentation (90 minutes with Q & A) FREE.
THURSDAY, July 26th 2:30pm and again at 6:30pm.
2. HEART HEALTH; TUESDAY, AUG 7TH 1-3PM
3. DIET & DIABETES: It’s not about the carbs & sugar! TUES, AUG 14TH
4. CANCER PREVENTION/SURVIVAL; TUES, AUG 21ST
5. WEIGHT LOSS: Breaking the Food Seduction; TUES, AUG 28TH
6. DIET & DEMENTIA / Avoiding Alzheimer’s; TUES, SEPT 4TH
FREE Documentary Screening
Tues, July 3rd, 6:30-8:30pm at the New Portland Community Library: 899 River Rd. New Portland, ME 04961
Whether you are curious about a plant-based diet, or already eating this way, PLEASE JOIN US for this incredible documentary, WHAT THE HEALTH.
This film reveals why we don’t hear accurate prevention or treatment options from some of our leading “health” organizations. They fundraise to find “the cure” when so many diseases are food-borne and closely linked to our diets. Why don’t we hear more from the USDA and other government agencies on how to PREVENT heart disease, diabetes and many cancers? YOUR JAWS WILL DROP when you hear some of the facts. Simply staggering.
DOCUMENTARY: 90 minutes in length and then some time for discussion, Q & A.
Facilitating this screening are Food For Life instructors Beth Perera, certified in Plant-Based Nutrition with Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
SEATING IS LIMITED TO 15, so please reserve your spot. NO CHARGE, but please register in advance. Click here to register.
AVAILABLE CLASSES: (each class is 2 hours; cooking classes include 3 recipes per class)
- Kickstart Your Health: our most popular series for overall general health & weight management (5-7 week cooking/nutrition class series)
- Diet for Diabetes: single cooking/nutrition class, 4-week or 8-week series, or 1/2-day workshop.
- Cancer Prevention & Survival: single cooking/nutrition class, 4-week or 8-week, or 1/2-day workshop
- Heart Health: single class
- Employee Wellness Program* – includes all of the above (4-9 week Lunch & Learn series)
- Diet & Dementia: single cooking/nutrition class based on Dr. Barnard’s book Power Foods for the Brain on avoiding Alzheimer’s.
- Beyond The Basics: single cooking class for those who have already taken another series.
*Employee Wellness Program classes are 60-90 minutes during lunch.
Food For Life is an award-winning program developed by the physicians, dietitians and nutritionists at The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM.org). All information presented is evidence-based fact and not anyone’s opinion.
Let me know where I can present this eye-opening Power Point & discussion. I’ll come to you in VT, NH and elsewhere. Let’s talk.
FOOD Is MEDICINE
Don’t see a class in your area? Food For Life classes can come to you!
I can fly or drive nearly anywhere, so JUST ASK, and I may be able to accommodate you elsewhere.